May 08, 2009

Reassured

Sometimes I worry about the world my kids are growing up in. I feel like I had an awesome childhood - growing up in a small town where I could ride my bike wherever I wanted, play nightgames with all the kids in the neighborhood at night and where everyone pretty much knew everybody. Do towns like that still exist? I want to find one and move there and freeze it so it can't change! Sometimes I worry too much about the state of the world instead of focusing on preparing my children at home so they can face whatever the Lord has in store. Last week I was waiting out another major rainstorm with Nora, Miles and a cartload of groceries in the entrance of Wal-Mart and I watched a man walk out ahead of us with a huge umbrella. Just after he passed us I watched him stop, hesitate and then he walked back and offered to walk us to our car under his umbrella. It was so thoughtful and kind of him I drove away feeling reassured that there are many wonderful people in the world.... and maybe it's not such a scary place after all!

3 comments:

emily said...

Oh how nice! But there I still think it is a scary place to live! At least where I live! But what a nice post and a nice man!

John and Penny said...

It is so nice to see such good people still exist! They are out there, sometimes we just have to look harder and make sure that we are some of very kind. I thank Heavnly Father every night for protecting my family in such a big, scary world! If I could I would have every one of you right in my back yard! I miss those days also, but as parents we really did worry even back then!

Dallin said...

North Logan, Utah???