Mothers day was on Sunday and it always has me reflecting on the blessings of being a mother. It is not the easiest job to do (and I know it will only get harder as my kids get older). But when I consider the alternative - not being a mother - it brings me to tears and on my knees in gratitude that the Lord has sent me three of his children to be a mother to. I cannot imagine what my life would be like without them, and I am so thankful that motherhood is my calling right now, even with it's trials and stressors it is the best and only thing I want to be doing. I know that everything else I do is minimal in comparison to the importance in raising my kids to be what the Lord wants them - and needs them - to be in this scary and uncertain world. I am far from being the perfect mother. Sometimes I lose my patience, I say things I regret and ask my kids for forgiveness and I sometimes make a big deal out of nothing. But I love them, and I would give up anything in the world for the blessings that come from being their mom.
May 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
You are a great momma! There is NOTHING in the world that has made me more proud than to see my wonderful daughter being so happy to be a mother! It is someting that has so much joy and happiness attached! I have neve regreted that special calling either - never will! I love you so much sweetheart! I am so proud of you.
So sweet! You are a great mom. I remember us talking about our dreams of being wives and mothers. It is so fun to watch that happen. I am glad I still get to see you and your kiddos eventhough you are across the country. We miss you and hope to get to see you soon.
Post a Comment