August 12, 2008

second thoughts

Sophie got a fish and a frog for her birthday. A few weeks later the fun of it has tapered off a little. She was looking out the window in to our neighbors yard where a cat was playing and said with a sigh, "Maybe we can get a cat someday." to which I replied, "Maybe someday - but we do have a fish and a frog!" and she said, "Well, it's just that a fish and a frog don't make for such good company!" I couldn't argue with that!

4 comments:

Aubreydoll said...

Uh oh! What can you do about that?!

Johnson said...

If you got a cat it could eat the fish and the frog

John and Penny said...

How about a guine pig (however you spell it) or two or MORE! I hear they make great pets! Hamsters are great too! A puppy would be great too! I love cats! Birds are fun too! I even hear ANTS are cute! Worms too!
I promise I will take of it. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!
Love the memories! momma

emily said...

First of all YUCK to all the above, mom. Second Sophie cracks me up!