November 08, 2008

So perceptive

Earlier today I was cleaning the house while the kids were all playing in their room. Brian was in the office studying (he has a big test on Monday in Stats). Then Miles got cranky and hungry and would only crawl after me pitifully and hang his head and cry when I walked away. Then he'd start pulling himself up hanging on to my pants and cry. Then Nora got upset about something and started throwing a fit. I put Nora on her bed until she could stop throwing a fit, I picked up Miles and took him to my bedroom to feed him. I sat on the bed and Sophie walked in and sat down on the edge of my bed and said to me, "Sometimes it's hard, isn't it? With three kids to take care of and a husband who always has homework to do - sometimes it's just hard." I almost burst out laughing because all the sudden I felt like I was talking to my neighbor and not my five year old daughter! But she would have felt bad if I had laughed so I just said, "Yep honey, sometimes it is."

4 comments:

emily said...

She is so old!!! Seriously.... maybe when she's older she will start acting like a child, that will suck.
Is Brian practicing therapy sessions with her??

John and Penny said...

Sounds like you have a best friend in your daughter ALREADY! She is just way to advanced in her thinking! But she is so FUNNY and so CUTE! At least she looks at your life and thinks about it!

Anonymous said...

Out of the mouths of babes....
dad Phillips

Aubreydoll said...

Haha, oh my gosh, that's so funny!