November 17, 2008

Finding balance

I struggle to find a good balance in my life. Some days I feel like I am in the eye of a tornado watching everything in my life spin around me and there's nothing I can do to get it to slow down, even though I'm in the middle of it yelling, "Now wait just a minute!" If I don't exercise first thing in the morning then I just don't do it at all. But if I exercise in the morning then I don't have time for scripture study. And if I don't study my scriptures first thing in the morning then it is very hard for me to do it later. And I get grumpy if I don't exercise and I'm less patient if I don't study my scriptures.......geez. And when I don't do both of them I get in a funk. Yes, a funk. And I'm there now. Miles is still not sleeping great and these dark winter mornings are not very conducive to my getting up at 6am. My time management skills are being tested to the max and I am not very good at it (yet!) With all the things that fill up my days I am learning to MAKE time for the important things. But it's a hard lesson to learn. And an even harder one to follow through on.
BTW: This post was not written in a sad/depressed/grouchy state. I am truly happy with my life - and very blessed. I just have a lot to learn! (For anyone who doesn't know what BTW means - it means by the way - I feel cooler - and younger! - when I use texting language!)

3 comments:

Jeremy & Andrea said...

i feel that way all the time. Stink I'm 28 years old now. You would think that i should have some sort of control on my time but then you factor in 3 little ones 5 and under and them trying to learn the same things I am and I guess it's bound to make things go all funk. I guess your btw moment is what it all comes down to is learning to be happy despite our imperfections. Luckily I've got 28 years experience in that and amazingly enough I'm getting used to being imperfect.

Aubreydoll said...

Okay, I can totally relate to how you're feeling! I filled mine and Bauer's schedules up so much that I don't have time for regular stuff anymore! It's not that I don't enjoy doing our activities, but I feel like I need more down time than I have!

emily said...

The life of a mother!! These are the things they don't tell you about motherhood.... YUCK! It is so hard to figure out a routine, isn't it?! I'd like to think that we Mother's are the most selfless people God has created! We give up so much of our time, the things we love to do, and SLEEP don't forget sleep!! And yet it never feels it is enough. Sad. Just remember YOU are a WONDERFUL WONDERFUL mother! Why don't you kill two birds with one stone and study your scriptures in the middle of the night while you are up with Miles?? Hehehe
P.S. my favorite texting language is NBD "no big deal"
it is also fun to say that one!!! NBD baby NBD!