A conversation with Sophie:
Her: Mom, can you keep a secret?
Me: Yes
Her: Once daddy told me he didn't think you were the right girl to marry
Me: Really ? Well, I hope he changed his mind because it's too late now.
Her: But don't say anything because I'm not sure if that's what he really meant or not
Me: Well, a long time ago when daddy and I were dating and trying to decide if we should get married, it took a long time for us to know that we were the right ones. But before daddy asked me to marry him I'm pretty sure he knew I was the right one.
Her: Oh.
Brian and I have been rehashing our dating story at some backyard barebecues for the enjoyment of friends and neighbors so I'm pretty sure that's where she got this from!
Kids are always listening....
And one with Nora:
Her: Grownups kind of have big bums.
Me: Yep
the end


2 comments:
So so funny! I love that story! They are so dang cute. We miss you and can't wait for you to come back!
I love that 'big bums' Courtney says that kind of stuff all the time! Memories of you and Brian Dating is something I haven't thought of for a while. The joys! I am so glad I was around for a lot of parts of that.
Post a Comment