September 28, 2009

The one thing I will not do.

I don't make very many demands (right, dear?).  But there is one thing I absolutely refuse to do. I will not check pants pockets before putting them in the laundry. Laundry is a lot of work by itself, it is not unreasonable to ask that people empty their pockets before putting their dirty laundry into the hamper  on the floor where they stand. Unfortunately this occasionally causes me grief. I've washed a few pens {annoying}, a cell phone {mine}, headphones {hope they still work}, and we have a pile of the cleanest rocks on earth piling up on the dryer. But occasionally it works to my advantage. Occasionally at the bottom of the washer I see some soggy, folded up cold, hard cash! My heart starts to race as I reach down and pick it up. Yes!!! It's mine. All mine. Never mind the fact that it's usually a dollar, sometimes two and it may have come from my own pocket. But no matter, because sometimes it makes laundry fun!

3 comments:

Matt and Emily said...

I refuse to check pockets before I wash too and I laughed when you said you have a rock pile on your dryer cause we do too :).

John and Penny said...

You are your momma's girl alright! I just found $3.00 from John's pants!!!! PAYDAY!

Brady and Rachel said...

Glad to know I'm not the only one. Brady's mom told me a few stories of what she pulled out of her boys pockets that made her refuse to ever check them again, and I know like father like son, so I have also refused to ever check anyone's pockets. Our main ingredients that are found after a load of wash are rocks of course, coins and Brady's chapstick (and he's always needing me to buy more, I wonder why?)