December 06, 2008

Silly girls...

A few funny conversations with my two girls

At the store with Nora, who is very upset that I won't let her get a gumball from the machine:

Nora: But, MOM! It's not fair!!

Me: Well, sometimes life isn't fair.

Nora: "MOM! I'm not talking about life. I am talking about those (pointing to gumballs)!!


At the grocery store with all the kids, Sophie is holding a box of drinkable yogurts:

Sophie: Mom - can we get these?

Me: Remember we got those last time and you didn't like them?

Sophie: I'll like them this time!

Me: I don't think you will, they are just the same as they were before.

Sophie: Please!? I promise I'll like them this time!

Me: Okay - but you have to drink them this time! (remember I am at the store with all three kids, this was the third place we'd gone, the lines were long and I was pretty much willing to buy anything if it meant we'd get out of there with no drama. And hey, at least it was yogurt!)

Sophie: I will, I promise......

No, that wasn't the funny part. It's coming up next. So we load up in the car and I get Sophie and Nora one of the yogurts to drink on the way home. I hand Sophie hers and watch her take a sip and then watched her wait expectantly for something to happen. Then she got a very disappointed look on her face and says, " The kid on TV disappears after he drinks these!"

3 comments:

Marie Lefler said...

Commercials are so deceiving! I remember wanting different things because the kids in the commercial were really cool after they got it too. Funny! Good luck with that.

Aubreydoll said...

That is so funny! The look on her face must have been priceless!

emily said...

You seriously could write a book with the things your kids say! It could be on the shelf next to the books with children's prayers..... hehehe