February 23, 2010

Laughing on the inside

Because Sophie hates being laughed at - and because she's so darn funny (not a fun combo for me) - I have to do a lot of laughing on the inside. I heard her say to a friend that was playing with one of those paddles that has a ball on a string connected to it, "Mind if I have a go at it?" I was cracking up on the inside. Where in the world did she hear that?

And a few, but notable, things that I failed to document over the weekend:
*Miles knocking a cup of chocolate milk out of my hands and right onto my dinner plate - before I started eating - because I told him he had to eat some dinner before drinking his milk.

* Nora yelling in her sleep, "NO Miles! Miles! NO!" For a second I thought Miles had climbed into her bed or something. But the night before that it was, "Sophie! NO! Don't take it from me!" She has such funny sleeping habits.

* Nora swinging a yard stick around and knocking some stuff off a shelf and breaking my favorite sign. I'm sure a little wood glue will do the trick, though. When I get around to it!

* The missionaries came over to teach us a lesson and Miles fell asleep sitting on a kitchen chair looking at a book. So cute!

* Going to the ward potluck after church on Sunday and Sophie goes right through the line all by herself and takes a seat the the table where all the Young Women are sitting like they were all saving that seat just for her.

2 comments:

nauniesunflower@yahoo.com said...

I love this blog! It just makes my day reading of all the funny things that go on in your life! thanks for sharing them.love you

Ashlee said...

I haven't read this blog for a while and just went back to catch up. I was totally cracking up! I love Miles "Dot Org"! Such fun memories!