February 17, 2010

Laughter

If laughter is the best medicine than people with kids should be super healthy. Not a day goes by that my kids don't have me laughing out loud. Today's most memorable moment came after the kids were already in bed for the night. Brian had a late night at school and I was cleaning up when I found a pile of nuts & washers on the kitchen counter. What?? I was very confused, all our tools and such are down in the basement and I knew no one had been in the laundry room - except me. I could not figure out where in the world these had come from. My main suspect was Nora so I went in and showed them to her in bed and asked if she knew where they came from. She immediately looked very sheepish and said, "Ummm.... from the table." I asked her which table and she said, "The black one!" Sure enough I went in our living room and our coffee table (I hate calling it that but don't know what else to call it so everyone knows what I'm talking about!) was substantially more wobbly then before, although with the kids constantly jumping on and off it all day it is normally a bit wobbly. I crawled under it and there were about 10 bolts poking out from around the table with no washers or nuts on them! Silly girl.

2 comments:

nauniesunflower@yahoo.com said...

That girl is just too funny! What would make her think of doing that! Her little mind is always running. She is going to be a handywoman someday!

Johnson said...

I remember you taking things off from underneath tables, usually gum and mostly at restaurants.