March 04, 2010

Head banger

Tonight we were watching the American Girl movie Kit Kitteridge as a family - I thought it was such a cute show - it was set up on the coffee table upstairs. Miles spent most of the movie jumping from the table to the couch, holding one arm in the air and shouting, "Pirate.... Matey!!!" and then jumping back to the couch and then going over the back of the couch and around to the table again... you get the idea! Just near the end he jumped to Sophie - smacking her head with his - then immediately jumped to Nora -smacking heads with her... which sent them all into immediate tears. Brian paused the movie while we held all three of them between us as they were bawling - and we couldn't stop laughing! Of course we felt bad they were hurt, but it just happened so fast and suddenly we had 3 bawling kids. We finished the movie once they calmed down... and Miles went back to playing pirates again.

Eariler today he head butted me so hard that I sat down and cried! He got me right below my eyebrow and it hurt like crazy. We were playing baby and mommy monster so we had a talk about being nice even though we are being monsters. He felt bad and after a few minutes he said, "Me not nice." Cute boy.

3 comments:

K'Lyn said...

Ouch! I have the laughs a lot when people get hurt. I think maybe it is my way of coping so I don't bawl right with them. Curtis thinks I am heartless sometimes. I was laughing at this post while I was saying, "oh no". When is this baby #4 due to arrive?

nauniesunflower@yahoo.com said...

I would have laughed too! Sometimes it is so hard to not laugh even though it is sad! I can just see them all. Sorry you got hurt too. I bet the kids didn't laugh! Cute little Miles.

Johnson said...

I love Kit !!!!! I've seen it a lot. (tell Sophie there are more american girl movies) love Maddie