March 27, 2008

The Biggest & Best Chocolate Chip Cookies

I love chocolate. No, I loooove chocolate! I seriously can't get enough of it. I think if there were no chocolate in the world I would be 10 pounds thinner. But then I would also be unhappy, rude and go completely crazy. So here's my new favorite recipe for chocolate chip cookies - watch out they are huge!

Biggest & Best Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 cups all purpose flour
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
¾ cup unsalted butter, melted (I've never used salted butter so I don't know if it works!)
1 cup packed brown sugar
½ cup white sugar
1 Tbsp. vanilla
1 egg
1 egg yolk
1 package semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 325. Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper. Sift together flour, baking soda and salt, set aside. In a medium bowl cream together melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix in sifted ingredients until just blended. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop cookie dough ¼ cup at a time onto cookie sheets about 3 inches apart. Bake 15-17 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on cookie sheets a few minutes before moving to a wire rack to cool completely

7 comments:

dragonboy said...

They are totally yummy and really fun to make too!!! The dough is delicious!
emo

Johnson said...

Thanks for the cookies recipe. I'm going to try it tomorrow (saturday) with the kids. I love trying new recipes, especially if someone refers it. I love the new look!!!
Hannah

John and Penny said...

I'm tryng this today! Love ya much!

Marie Lefler said...

Oh, that sounds yummy. I have a chocolate cookie recipe you would love too. It calls for 6 cubes of margarine. So bad, but soooooo good!

I once had a roommate give up chocolate for Lent. Props to her, I can't even do it one day. Easter candy here I come.

Mary Ellen said...

My hole goal in life is to be the best chocolate chip cookie maker around! I'm excited to try this! I already have one of the best recipes- so if you ever want a new different one let me know!!! Mary

John and Penny said...

Oh wow your mom made these cookeis. They are gone. I swear I only ate twelve or thirteen of them. W3ll that day. But only nine or 10 the next day! The trick is dark chocolate! It's not so sweet so you can eat more. And the cookie its self was just the right chewy!! So you know, they were pretty good!

John and Penny said...

Correction. I didn't eat 311 cookies that word was supposed to be "well"