I always hope for to have a nice, relaxing Sunday with my family. I always envision us snuggling on the couch, reading books together, watching one of our church videos, maybe writing letters to family. Of course we are never late for church, my house stays spotless, my kids stay happy and are well behaved the whole day and we spend a nice, quiet evening just being together. And every Sunday I get a huge reality check. Yesterday was no exception. I thought Stake Conference started at noon so I was taking my time making breakfast and started baking a cake we were planning on having for dinner. Well, the cake didn't turn out and we were late for church, my house was a disaster and I had a massive headache. Luckily my kids were pretty good at church. Once we were home I started making a new cake - I wasn't about to waste calories on a bad cake! Somewhere along the way I ended up in the middle of my messy kitchen crying. Which was okay because it's been a while since I've just had a good cry! I just started feeling overwhelmed about everything I want to do vs. what I am doing and feeling like there's no way I can possibly do everything I want and need to do. Basically feeling the "mormon mother syndrome". After a few minutes, a lot of tears and a prayer I felt a lot better and we did end up having a nice, relaxing Sunday evening together. Darn those postpartum hormones.
March 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
You were crying! I hate that thought! I totally understand those feeling though. Sometimes the things we want and the things we actually do or get are NOT the same! Keep up the great work though, and don't get too discouraged! You're wonderful! momma
I am so glad that I am not the only one. I get that way often. I told Zach I think I am going through a 1/4 life crisis. I am sorry that you had to feel that way though. I always tell myself that tommorrow will be better. It has to. Anyway, I love this blog. I am excited to talk to the Lecka that I know and love.
Post a Comment